- 1 x 400g tin of Batchelors Baked Beans
- Knob of butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Crusty bread
- Melt the butter together with the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add in the onion, pepper and chilli, if using, and stir for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Add the baked beans and stir to combine well. Add the cumin, garam masala, cayenne and some salt and pepper. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to make four wells in the beans. Carefully crack an egg into each one. Turn the heat to low, cover with a lid and allow to cook gently until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Scatter with chopped coriander and serve with crusty bread.