Serves approx. 20 balls
- 150g Batchelors Butter Beans, drained & rinsed well
- 115g raisins
- 100g cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Kelkin smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- Desiccated coconut to coat – approx. 75g
- Put the butter beans, raisins, cashews, cocoa powder, peanut butter, vanilla extract and two tablespoons cold water into a food processor.
- Start processing stopping every 30 seconds to scrape down the sides of the food processor so that everything gets properly chopped up. If the mixture is too thick add another tablespoon of water.
- When it all seems smooth, set aside. Put the desiccated coconut into a bowl for coating.
- Take a small spoonful of the mixture, put it into the bowl with the coconut and roll it with your fingers into a ball shape. As you are rolling it the ball will get covered by the coconut.
- Let the balls sit in an air-tight container in the fridge for at least two hours but ideally overnight.
Watch the video