- 225g tin Batchelor’s Baked Beans
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50g grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan that is about 9 inches / 23cm in diameter.
- Add the onion and sweat until soft but not coloured.
- Add the baked beans and tomato and mix well.
- Season the eggs and then pour on top of the bean mix.
- Mix well and allow to cook over a low heat for 5-7 minutes until the bottom and edges begin to set.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheddar and place under a hot grill until the top is set and the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Loosen the sides of the frittata with a knife. Then slide out onto a large plate and cut into wedges.