- 1 x 400g tin of Batchelors Kidney Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 180g chorizo, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 180g long grain white rice
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onion and celery. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic, paprika, Cajun seasoning and parsley. Add the rice and cook for one minute.
- Add the Batchelors Kidney Beans along with the tomatoes and stock. Return the chorizo to the pan and add a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir together, taste and add more salt and pepper if needed, then serve.