Another delicious creation from Aisling Larkin. The perfect weekend dish when you have all the family together or ideal for #meatfreemonday
- 1 tin Batchelors Kidney Beans
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 100g tinned no added sugar Batchelors peas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- Cooked fresh corn
- Sour cream
- Grated cheddar
- Fresh green peppers or jalapeño
- Preheat the oven to 1600c. Line 2 oven trays with parchment paper.
- Wash the skin of the sweet potato. Slice to 1 mm thick circles. Coat with a little oil and season, flip over.
- Bake for 15 mins, remove from the oven, turn and pop back in for another 5 mins.
- Make the chilli : peel and dice the peppers, onion, garlic and chilli.
- Fry in a little oil. Add in the spices, Batchelors kidney beans and tin of tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 20mins.
- Make the pea puree – open and drain the peas – blitz with the avocado, lime, mayonnaise and seasoning.
- To serve : layer the sweet potato nachos on the bottom of your serving plate . Pour the chilli on top and then garnish with the fresh corn, grated cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and coriander.