- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 Cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 Inches of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 Tins of Batchelors Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300g Vine tomatoes, diced
- 200g Baby spinach leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves, basmati rice and naan bread to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the onion is soft but not coloured.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric and garam masala and stir well.
- Add the chickpeas and vegetable stock and sit.
- Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- Add the tomatoes and the baby spinach leaves and stir until the spinach leaves have melted.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves, some basmati rice and naan breads.
Watch the video