- 1 x 420g tin Batchelors mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained & rinsed
- 125g grated cheddar cheese
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1-2 red chilies, deseeded & finely chopped
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the tomato salsa:
- 500g tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the Quesadillas put the beans, sweetcorn, cheese, scallions, red chili and coriander leaves into a bowl and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salsa put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Season to taste.
- Divide the Quesadilla mixture between 8 tortillas, spooning it onto one side, then fold each tortilla in half.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add two folded quesadillas at a time and cook for two to three minutes on each side until browned.
- Serve with the salsa on top.