- 1 x 420g tin Batchelors Irish Peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
To serve: Natural yoghurt & fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic and chilli. Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper. Mix well. Sweat over a low heat for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft but not coloured.
- Add the peas, stock and sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the coriander. Turn off the heat and blend.
- Check the seasoning and add more if necessary.
- Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt and some coriander leaves sprinkled on top.