- 1 x 420g tin Batchelor’s baked beans, mashed slightly with a potato masher
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 150g flour
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil to fry
- Tomato ketchup to serve
- Put the mashed beans, onion, egg and flour into a bowl. Season with some sea salt & freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add spoonful’s of the batter to the pan and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then gently flip over to cook the other side for further 2-3 minutes.
- Cook in batches until all the batter has been used up.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.