- 450g sausages, each sausage cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 624g tin Batchelor’s baked beans
- 3 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausage pieces and cook until browned. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Push them to the side of the pan. Then add the onion, garlic, fennel seeds and chilli. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently until the onion is soft but not coloured.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, stock and baked beans. Stir everything together and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and cook for a further minute stirring gently to wilt the spinach leaves.