This recipe by Aisling Larkin is the perfect healthy snack for the whole family to enjoy. Great for lunchboxes or part of a main meal.
- 2 tins Batchelors Butter Beans ( drained )
- 1 clove garlic ( peeled )
- 1/2 lemon ( juiced )
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 60mls water
- 60mls vegetable oil
- Sun-dried tomato pesto
- Basil pesto
- Crispy pepperoni ( mini pepperoni sticks / peperami )
- Open and drain the butter beans. Pop into a sieve and rinse with cold water
- Put butter beans in food processor
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze in juice
- Peel garlic and add to food processor
- Spoon in the tahini
- Pour in the oil and water
- Blitz for 5-7 mins until smooth and creamy
- To crisp up the pepperoni thinly slice and bake in the oven or dry fry on pan.
- To serve top with basil pesto, sun-dried tomato pesto and crispy pieces of pepperoni.
- Serve with warm, oven toasted garlic and herb flatbreads.