- 500g chicken breasts
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heaped teaspoons mild chill powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 heaped teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 heaped teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 x 420g tin Batchelor’s Baked Beans
- 300ml jar mild salsa
- 4 flour tortilla wraps
- 75g cheddar, grated
- Sour cream, lime segments & chopped coriander to serve (optional)
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a small pot. Add the chicken breasts. Ensure they are covered by the stock. If not add some boiling water. Bring back to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to sit in the boiling water for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees / 170 degrees fan.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, chilli and garlic to the pan. Season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper and fry gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mild chilli powder, oregano, ground cumin and ground coriander. Stir well.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and slice.
- Add the chicken and baked beans to the frying pan and stir well. Bring back to the boil and then turn off the heat.
- Grease the bottom of oven dish with a small amount of oil on some kitchen paper. (Use an oven dish that you think the four wraps will fit in snugly.)
- Divide the mixture between the 4 tortilla wraps. Then roll them up tightly and place them seam side down in the oven dish.
- Spoon the salsa over the top of the wraps. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully lift each wrap out onto serving plates. Serve with some sour cream, lime segments and chopped coriander.