- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 420g tin Batchelor’s baked beans
- Two handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium eggs
- Fresh coriander leaves to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees / 170 degrees fan.
- Heat the oil in a medium size oven proof skillet or frying pan.
- Add the onion and sweat for 3-4 minutes until soft but not colored over a medium heat.
- Add the red pepper, chilli, and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tins of tomatoes and baked beans and stir. Season with the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add in the spinach and stir until the spinach wilts slightly.
- Make four wells in the mixture and crack in the 4 eggs. (Or crack the eggs one at a time into a cup and pour each egg in individually.)
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve sprinkled with some fresh coriander leaves and some crusty bread.
Watch the video